Cancelled Tree Tour: Atlanta BeltLine Arboretum Northeast Trail
Sat Sep 17 | 10am-11:30am | Piedmont Park
Head to the Northeast section of the Atlanta BeltLine trail. Learn about trees, birds and the history of Ansley Park and surrounding neighborhoods. This Arboretum Walking Tour starts in Piedmont Park near the new "chimney swift tower" and passes by Ansley Park, one of Atlanta's oldest neighborhoods. The tree canopy in this section of the Atlanta BeltLine Arboretum includes mature trees and discrete waterways that create habitats enjoyed by wildlife, especially a wide variety of birds, and other creatures you may be surprised live in the middle of the city.
We will see a variety of plant life and bird life on this walk which is approximately 2.4 miles long. The trail is partially paved/partially gravel with some sections in full sun so bring sun protection. There are no restrooms along this section of the trail.
Tour Docent: Carolyn Auger Joiner, intown resident since 1972, is a Trees Atlanta certified volunteer docent and Master Birder.
- Meeting Location: The pale blue chimney swift tower at Piedmont Park a short distance from the "Piedmont Commons" section of the park. Closest cross streets are Piedmont Road/Westminster Drive and Piedmont Road/Monroe Drive. Orpheus Brewing is very close to this section of the Park.
- Nearest Address for GPS: 268 Westminster Drive Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30309
- Registration required. Walk-ins not accepted at this time.
- This tour is free. Please consider adding a donation when you register.
- Parking is available on Westminster Drive (behind the Public Storage Facility on Piedmont Road). Please observe the area where ‘no parking signs’ are posted. Details: this walk is about 1.3 miles each way, 2.6 round trip. There are no restrooms on this route. The route is partially full sun, so wear sun protection and bring water. The route is partially paved/partially gravel so wear appropriate footwear.
- Wear: Comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Bring: Drinking water, bug and sun protection.
- Safety: Learn more about our safety protocols here: Safety Protocols | Trees Atlanta
- Cancellation Policy: Inclement Weather and Cancellation Policy for Programs and Events.
- Questions: If you have any questions or comments regarding this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scroll within text frame to view additional information.