Canopy Conference: Fighting Climate Change With Urban Forests
Thu Feb 20 | 9am-4pm | Trees Atlanta Kendeda Center
Early Bird* Registration is NOW OPEN (Discounted rate effective through 1/20/20).
Fighting Climate Change with Urban Forests
February 20, 2019 (Thursday)
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Trees Atlanta - Kendeda Center
225 Chester Ave, Atlanta GA 30316
Evidence continues to mount for the abundant benefits of trees for the environment, human health, and well-being, yet trees are increasingly at risk for destruction in our city.
This year's Canopy Conference will address the case for more trees in cities. We'll discuss how city leaders and individuals can leverage the power of trees on our city streets and neighborhoods to lessen the damages caused by global climate change. Because the impacts are felt locally, we believe urgent local actions are needed for immediate local outcomes.
The City of Atlanta is forecasted to more than double in population by 2050. The same trend is predicted for the entire Metro Atlanta region. As more people move into urban areas, demands on Atlanta's infrastructure grows. Investing in the natural infrastructure of trees needs to be a priority for Atlanta. With intentional policy and action, our City in the Forest can be the world-class model for fighting climate change with urban forests.
Join us for this important conversation. #moretreesplease @treesatlanta
Tiered Rates Available:
- Regular Registration ($110) - Early Bird rate available through 1/20/20 ($95)
- Community Advocate Registration ($60) - Current nonprofit employees or community advocates are eligible. Your role and the name of nonprofit or community organization must be indicated when you register.
- Student and Teacher Registration ($45) - Current matriculated students and faculty are eligible for student rates. You must register with an .EDU email address.
- Become a Patron ($150) - Patron registration includes 1 regular registration, plus $40 donation to Trees Atlanta.
- Scholarships - We strive to make our educational events accessible to all. If you require financial assistance to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Conference REGISTRATION includes:
- Full-day conference: 9 am - 4:00 pm
- Welcome coffee and light refreshments during morning Registration & Check In (arrive early to accommodate traffic and parking)
- Locally-sourced lunch and optional lunchtime workshops & networking
- CEUs offered: 6.0 ISA hours; GA PLA (ASLA) certificate
- A free tree seedling will be given to each attendee in honor of Georgia Arbor Day
*Early Bird discount ends 1/20/20 and applies only to regular registration rate.
QUESTIONS? Please contact email@example.com.
MEDIA ACCESS: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be approved for media access.
This education event is made possible in part through support from the City of Atlanta
and the generous contributions from our donors and funders.