Grow and Learn: Raised Bed Garden Craft
Sat Dec 11 | 9am-12pm | Urban Food Forest at Browns Mill
From the youngest to the eldest gardeners can learn how to create their own miniature raised bed garden using innovation, creativity, and reusable and recyclable materials found around the house. We want to do our part to help our community realize that sustainability is more than just a buzzword; it is a way of life as it relates to being resilient and using resources around us to adapt and survive. This program is lead by Jason Paggett who uses "Hands-IN-Activities" and encourages others to share and pay forward what they learn.
Bring a creative and innovative mindset, and weather appropriate clothing and footwear. A reusable water bottle will also come in handy.
- 9am - 9:15: Check-In and Registration
- 9:15 – 11:00am: Volunteering at the Food Forest
- 11am – 12pm: Educational Workshop with Jason
About the Presenter: Jason R. Paggett, owner of JJK Innovations, LLC, holds a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction, plus he has been in and around education for more than 20 years. As a teacher, Jason repeatedly and purposefully creates out-of-box, creative and engaging experiences that are quite innovative. His love for Hands-IN-Learning and promoting healthy living led to an opportunity to garden with his students. The blending of his two loves birthed what he consistently terms, “Disguising Learning as FUN”. Jason empathizes with those not given the opportunity to experience engaging activities, so he uses “AG” Made FUN to bring exposure, access, and engagement to as many underserved populations possible by simply using the concept of a seed. Jason considers, "The world as his Classroom" and believes all people can learn when the appropriate amount of "FUN" is added. He is blessed to be married to Katrina and they have 3 kids, Elijah, Emmanuel, and Eliana.
Additional Event Information:
- Ages 7 - Adult (Youth 17 and under must have an adult join them)
- Wear: Comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Bring: Drinking water, bug and sun protection.
- Safety: Read our Safety Protocols for participants, including our COVID-19 precautions.
- Cancellation Policy: Inclement Weather and Cancellation Policy for programs and events.
- Questions: If you have any questions or comments regarding this event, please email email@example.com
Scroll within text frame to view additional information.