Grow and Learn: The Art of Gardening (Plants to Harvest)
Sat Aug 13 | 9am-12:30pm | Urban Food Forest at Browns Mill
Creating nutritional meals are a necessity in our lives. Plants to Harvest is a course where participants will be learning about about harvesting from the garden and making raw food salads and meals straight from the Garden. Participants will learn to identify which "weeds" are edible and non edible and how to properly prepare them to eat and benefit from nature's provisions. While at the Urban Food Forest at Browns Mill (UFFBM), discussion will center around how to best preserve the summer bounty for use later as well as the nutritional value of eating raw foods and a plant-based diet. As part of the program, participants will spend time volunteering in the UFFBM to continue to allow this greenspace to thrive for the community.
9am - 9:30: Registration and Welcome
9:30 - 11:30: Workshop
11:30 - 12:30: Volunteer at the Urban Food Forest at Browns Mill
About the Presenter
Quinton Arnold, Farmer Qu Water (@quwaterislife), is from Atlanta, GA. Qu Water attended HABESHA INC. in various aspects of sustainable agriculture and received a certification from the Urban Green Jobs course. Qu Water also worked under Master Gardener Sister Deborah Williams for fives years at Mother Claude outreach ministry which includes two community gardens and two a fruit tree orchards. Qu Water has studied various martial arts/Kung fu (JKD. Tan Tui, Tai chi and capoeira), gardening, herbal remedies, plant-based dieting, naturpath medicines, and overall stewardship of the land.
- What to Bring: Wear comfortable clothes, shoes, and sun protectant for the weather and being in a garden. Bring a water bottle and snacks with you. You may want to bring insect repellent.
- Parking: There is a small parking lot for parking - please carpool.
- Audience: This workshop is intended for adults. Children 16 and under may come if they are accompanied by an adult.
- Safety: Learn more about our current Safety Protocols for In-Person Education Events
- Cancellation Policy: Inclement Weather and Cancellation Policy for Programs and Events.
- Questions: If you have any questions or comments regarding this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Social Media. Show us your photos and tag us:
Scroll within text frame to view additional information.