Speaker Series: Thriving with Native Plants in Atlanta
Tue Mar 26 | 7pm-8:30pm | Trees Atlanta Kendeda TreeHouse
Professor Boykin, an expert on soil microbiology and vermicomposting, helps get us ready for spring planting season with an introduction to planting native species, what to prepare, how to start, and site composition that can be applied in areas ranging from acres to porches. Learn the basics of sustainable agriculture and everything you need to start thriving with native plants in Atlanta's urban forest, including soil microbiology, macro and micro invertebrates, agroforestry, planting culture.
This event is a great opportunity to ask Professor Boykin and Trees Atlanta’s Native Plant Sale Coordinator, Hayden Wyatt, questions about plants you can pick up at the Trees Atlanta Native Plant Sale.
ISA CEU credits are available for professionals who register and attend this event (Certified Arborist: 1.5; BCMA - Science: 1.5; Municipal Specialist: 1.5)
About the Presenter: Niamke Shropshire-Boykin is an Atlanta, GA based regenerative soil and earth scientist, agricultural researcher, urban farmer, and college professor committed to healing ecosystems through bioremediation. Expert in both soil microbiology and vermicomposting, he currently teaches at Atlanta Technical College in Southwest Atlanta.
- Doors open at 6:30 pm. Light refreshments will be served.
- Getting Here: Bike racks are located on the side of the building (near the silo in the Picnic Patio). We are approximately 1 mile from the Oakland City and West End MARTA train stations (Red and Gold Lines). Limited number of parking spaces are available at our location, in addition to limited street parking.
- Registration Required. This event is free. Register to receive updates or reminders for this event. Please consider adding a donation when registering for a free ticket.
- Safety and Cancellation Policy: Learn more about our current Safety Protocols for In-Person Education Events.
- Questions: If you have any questions or comments regarding this event, please email email@example.com.
Follow us on Social Media. Show us your photos and tag us
Scroll within text frame to view additional information.