Tree Tour: Atlanta BeltLine Arboretum Northside Trail
Sun Apr 02 | 10am-11:30am | Northside BeltLine Trail
Explore the Northside Beltline Trail next to the Bobby Jones Golf Course. Learn about the history of the area and about its trees on a guided walk. The tour will continue along the Northwest Atlanta BeltLine Connector to visit Tanyard Creek Park, a hidden gem home to several Champion Trees. Trees Atlanta docents will help you learn how to identify trees, invasive plants, why Trees Atlanta advocates for native plants, and about our restoration efforts in this area, and others, around Metro Atlanta. The area is rich in history, so docents will also share information about the 1865 Battle of Peachtree Creek and the 1955 battle for integration of the city golf courses and parks.
About the Tour Docents:
Maxine and Kent Watkins live in Sandy Spring. They enjoy hiking, biking and exploring during their free time. They've been supporting Trees Atlanta's mission through years of planting, pruning and leading tours.
- Meeting location: Street intercession and GPS address Meeting location: Northside BeltLine Trail, Closest GPS 2276 Havenridge Dr NW, Atlanta
- Parking, Transportation: Free on-site parking available at the meeting location.
- What to Bring and Wear: Reusable water bottle, comfortable shoes, sunscreen, layers of clothing, hats/sunglasses, and are recommended.
- Terrain, Incline, and Length: Paved trail with one steep part. Approximately 2.5 miles
- Safety: Learn more about our safety protocols here
- Cancellation Policy: Inclement Weather and Cancellation Policy for Programs and Events.
- Questions: If you have any questions or comments regarding this event, please email email@example.com.
Follow us on Social Media. Show us your photos and tag us: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Linkedin | Youtube
Scroll within text frame to view additional information.