Tree Tour: Inman Park Neighborhood Arboretum
Fri Jul 01 | 9:30am-11am | Inman Park
Stroll through the heart of the Inman Park Neighborhood. On this guided walk through the Inman Park Neighborhood Arboretum you will see many of its beautiful and historic trees. We will pass by historic homes and buildings and discuss the early history of Inman Park and its development.
This 1.5 hour tour is a leisurely walk on city sidewalks.
The Inman Park Neighborhood Arboretum Walking Tour is offered most first Fridays of each month. There are seven Neighborhood Arboreta that were established in mid-2000s through a collaborative effort of neighbors, Trees Atlanta volunteers, and the city.
Tour Docent: Lynn Koehnemann is a Trees Atlanta Certified Volunteer. Lynn is a tree lover who has lived in Inman Park for ten years. She is a former planner and geography professor.
- Meeting Location: Nearest GPS address is 254 Elizabeth St NE, Atlanta, GA 30307. Meet at the southwest corner of Lake Avenue at Elizabeth Street by the fire hydrant and the tall Trees Atlanta granite marker. Free street parking can be found along Lake, Austin and Elizabeth (watch for no parking signs). Paid parking is available at Inman Quarter at 299 North Highland.
- Registration required. Walk-ins not accepted at this time. Maximum participants: 15
- This tour is free. Please consider adding a donation when you register. All "tips" are donations to Trees Atlanta.
- Wear: Comfortable shoes and clothing
- Bring: Drinking water, bug and sun protection
- Safety: Learn more about our safety protocols here: Safety Protocols | Trees Atlanta
- Cancellation Policy: Inclement Weather and Cancellation Policy for Programs and Events
- Questions: If you have any questions or comments regarding this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Credit: Jabari Lotte
Scroll within text frame to view additional information.