Neighborhood Tree Planting Program
Trees Atlanta requires a neighborhood to have a need for 30 or more trees in front yards and/or public right-of-way, and also have neighborhood participation.
- Timing of project will be announced a few weeks in advance of the project. We typically plan the tree planting project on a Saturday morning from 9 am to 12 pm with volunteers from both the neighborhood and all over the city.
- Plantings occur between October and March.
- The trees will be 1/2” -2” caliper, 5’-10’ tall.
- We strive to plant native trees and trees that fare well in Atlanta’s climate. We do not plant any known invasive species.
- Trees Atlanta will provide two years of maintenance – such as mulching, pruning, and watering. We ask that residents help water trees on their street during periods of high water stress.
If you are interested in partnering with us to plant trees in your neighborhood through this program, please email our NeighborWoods team for more information.