Native Plant Sale
UPDATE: Our Virtual Native Plant Sale (April 2020) has officially ended.
For a limited time, we’ve posted a few Clearance & Final Sales Items on the virtual store. Purchases must be picked up at our office with a scheduled pickup.
If you take pictures of the newest additions to your plant and tree family, be sure to tag us on social media @TreesAtlanta.
Stay tuned for more details on our Tree Sale in October, and happy growing!
Thank you for your support!
We would like to sincerely thank everyone for the tremendous support with our sale and for giving a new home to native plants and trees! This annual event is an important source of funding that contributes to payroll and other operational needs.
We are excited to offer our annual Native Plant Sale, this time virtually!
Given the current situation surrounding COVID-19, Trees Atlanta is taking steps to “flatten the curve” and help keep our communities healthy by limiting social interactions.
Here are the adjustments we are making:
- The 2020 Native Plant Sale is offered entirely online.
- All orders must be placed and paid for in advance using the online store.
- Pickups will be scheduled at our Kendeda Center location.
- We will practice recommended social distancing and safety measures.
Native plants add beauty and benefits for wildlife and pollinators
Nearly 100 varieties of native perennials, grasses, shrubs, and tree-friendly vines will be available online for purchase. Plants can be picked up in the following weeks at our Kendeda Center during a designated time slot.
Included in the sale are great bird and butterfly-friendly species, as well as many species of vines, ferns and grasses. The selection also showcases many of the native perennial wildflowers that are planted within the Atlanta BeltLine Arboretum.
Ask our experts
At past sales, you have enjoyed being able to get advice from our plant experts. This year’s virtual plant sale requires us to modify our approach.
- For questions on plant selection and placement, please submit your question here.
- We’ll email you our answers as quickly as possible and share the most commonly asked Q&A below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are native plants and why are they important?
Native plants are indigenous to a certain geographic region and are adapted to local climate and soil conditions where they naturally occur. Native plant diversity is essential for ecosystems to properly adapt to urban stresses like climate change, habitat fragmentation, and pollution. For more information, check out the U.S. Forest Service’s page on Native Gardening.
How do I place an order and pay?
Plants are available for preorder here. Orders must be prepaid online – we will not accept cash.
How do I pick up my order?
- When: Plants will be available for pickup on Thursday, April 16 and Friday, April 17. Saturday pickups are available by request. All plants must be picked up by Friday, April 24.
- Hours: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday – Friday
- Location: Trees Atlanta Kendeda Center – back lot: 225 Chester Ave., Atlanta, GA 30316
- We can schedule alternative times for you should you require.
- Buyers will receive an email when plants are ready for pick up.
- To maintain “social distance” during pickup, we will offer “carpool lane” type pick up: buyers can drive up and we will load your purchase into your car trunk.
- We ask customers to maintain social distance if they choose to get out of their car during pickup.
- We will keep and water plants until you are able to pick up your plants through Friday, April 24.
- Purchases not claimed after April 24 are considered unclaimed and the buyer remits all claims.
What if you sell out of a plant I want?
- Orders are first come, first served based on available inventory.
- If an item is sells out prior to the last order date, we will work to increase available inventory.
- Due to current uncertainties, there is a possibility that ordered items may not be deliverable. In cases where delivery is delayed or no longer available, we will notify buyers.
- We may offer a subtitute selection; buyer is not obligated to accept.
What is your refund policy?
- All sales are final.
- Should changing government mandates prevent planned delivery of plants and/or safe public health considerations, we will notify customers of next steps, including order delays, cancellations, and/or refunds. If such extreme circumstances occur, we will refund without penalty.
Exceptions to Orders
- Due to the fluid state of operations and government orders for businesses, there may be some circumstances when items cannot be received.
- Trees Atlanta asks for your understanding should order adjustments be necessary.
Check out some favorites from our staff:
Scientific Name: Chelone lyonii
This stunning perennial is native to wet woodland areas and streams in the southern Appalachian Mountains and thrives in part-shade. Pink turtlehead is a low maintenance plant and is great for attracting butterflies and hummingbirds.
Spiller Field Southern Magnolia
Scientific Name: Magnolia grandiflora 'Spiller Field'
Don's Variegated Florida Azalea
Scientific Name: Rhododendron austrinum 'Don's Variegated'
With bright orange blooms and bright green leaves with creamy marbled flecks, this azalea is a showstopper! This azalea is perfect for use as a large shrub or small, understory tree. We’re offering two additional native azaleas for purchase: Phlox Pink Piedmont and Florence Oconee.
Blue False Indigo
Scientific Name: Baptisia australis
Rising 2-4 feet high from a woody base, blue false indigo is a bushy, robust perennial with deep blue-purple flowers. Attractive seed pods in early summer follow the flowers, and in late fall the plant turns silvery-gray. The flowers were once used by Native Americans and early European settlers as a dye before true indigo became available.