Annual Tree Sale
Our Annual Tree Sale thrives on, virtually!
2020 is our 21st year organizing this much anticipated annual event. Our Annual Tree Sale showcases some of the best native and desirable trees and plants for our growing region. The sale includes hundreds of species of trees, shrubs, native perennials, and tree-friendly vines that make up the layers of our urban forest from canopy to ground.
UPDATE 10/12/20: The online store has been turned back on to allow you to review species information. Please disregard any dates and deadlines as they have passed.
- View the list of Available for Purchase items – these items are still available and can be purchased online until sold.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for tree/plant pick up information.
UPDATE 10/6/20: See our list of available trees and plants for the Second Chance Sale HERE.
UPDATE 10/5/20: Online preorders are still available for pickup Wednesday, October 7 from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM and Friday, October 9 from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Please make an appointment with Tabitha via email at email@example.com. All remaining items from the Tree Sale will be available at our Second Chance Sale at Freedom Farmers Market at The Carter Center on Saturday, October 10 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
UPDATE 9/30/20: Preorders for the online sale have officially ended. To shop our remaining items in person, be sure to catch our Second Chance Sale at Freedom Farmers Market at The Carter Center on Saturday, October 10 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
UPDATE 9/23/20: Order by this Saturday, September 26 to be automatically entered to win a FREE oak, fern, or other select perennial of your choice!
UPDATE 9/5/20: We’ve restocked! We’ve also added Spiller Field Southern Magnolias to the store. Read about the historical tree we took cuttings from here.
If you’re still unsure about the perfect tree to select, check out our guide on Right Tree, Right Place.
UPDATE 9/2/20: Wow! What a response. Inventory is quickly selling out. (Thank you!)
Please shop the current items; meanwhile, we are reaching out to our nurseries and will be adding new quantities as soon as information is received. Please check back (and check your email filters to make sure you receive our updates).
This year’s sale is VIRTUAL.
Our Online Store opens Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 11:00 AM.
Order early as many items will sell out quickly.
Trees Atlanta works with many local and regional nurseries to reserve hard-to-find species, along with popular selections, for our sale. All proceeds benefit Trees Atlanta programs and operations.
Our 2020 Annual Tree Sale is VIRTUAL.
- Orders through our Online Store starts Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 11:00 AM
- The Online Store will close on Wednesday, September 30 at 1:00 PM
- All orders must be picked up on Saturday, October 3 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Sunday, October 4 from 9:00 AM to noon. (Details will be provided to customers.)
- Pickup location is the lot next to the Trees Atlanta Kendeda Center at 195 Chester Avenue, Atlanta GA 30316
Second Chance Sale
- Location: The Carter Center (next to the Freedom Farmers Market), 453 John Lewis Freedom Pkwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30307
- Date and Time: Sat., Oct. 10 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Limited selections and quantities will be available
- Social distancing and recommended safety guidelines will be followed
Need advice or have questions?
- For advice on selecting the right tree for the right location, check out this blog post and the additional resource links below!
- Review our FAQs below for answers to common questions.
- To ask a question about the sale or the selections in the Online Store, please fill out our inquiry form here.
- If you have situations that require special attention, please contact the Tree Sale Lead to discuss (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you! We appreciate you supporting our Annual Tree Sale!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I place an order and pay?
The 2020 Tree Sale is online this year. All items must be ordered online while the Online Store is open.
Click the ONLINE STORE button above to open the Online Store.
- The Online store is a separate website hosted by Weebly from Square.
- Your receipt will be sent via email via Square on behalf of Trees Atlanta. Check your Other or Spam folder for receipts.
- All orders must be prepaid online.
- No payments will be accepted in person at pickup in order to maintain social distance.
- All purchases are final.
The Second Chance Sale will be on location with a more limited selection and quantities.
- Payments that will be accepted at the Second Chance Sale is credit card or exact amount of cash (i.e. no change provided).
- Limited protected interactions will be managed for the safety of customers and staff. Customers in the shopping area may be limited or timed to ensure safety for all.
How do I pick up my order?
Please order your selection at the Online Store PRIOR to pick up. The online store is open as indicated above. Contact email@example.com for tree/plant pick up information.
What if you sell out of a tree (shrub, plant, etc.) I want?
- Orders are first come, first served based on available inventory.
- If an item is sold out prior to the last order date, we will work to increase the available inventory.
- Due to current uncertainties, there is a possibility that ordered items may not be deliverable. In cases where delivery is delayed or no longer available, we will notify buyers.
- We may offer a substitute selection; the buyer is not obligated to accept.
- Some limited selections and quantities will be made available at the Second Chance Sale. We are unable to share what will be at the Second Chance Sale ahead of time… because we don’t know.
What is your refund policy?
- All sales are final.
- Should changing government mandates prevent planned delivery of trees and/or safe public health considerations, we will notify customers of next steps, including order delays, cancellations, and/or refunds. If such extreme circumstances occur, we will refund without penalty.
Exceptions to Orders
- Due to the fluid state of operations and government orders for businesses, there may be some circumstances when items cannot be received.
- Trees Atlanta asks for your understanding should order adjustments be necessary.
Check out some tree picks from our arborists:
Scientific Name: Sassafras albidum
As a medium to small size tree, sassafrass is a great choice for all the seasons. Its leaves come in 3 shapes and have fall colors ranging from red to orange and even people. Sassafrass trees provide an important larval food source for the spicebush swallowtail butterfly, tiger swallowtail butterfly, and spicebush silk moth. They also grow purple berries that birds love, and they have an interesting contorted branching pattern and silhouette.
Scientific Name: Carya ovata
The shagbark hickory is commonly known for its unique bark, which peels away in large plates and gives the tree its shaggy appearance. Its shaggy bark makes for a great home for bats to rest their wings under. The tree has a gorgeous yellow color in the fall and is an excellent candidate for landscapes with full sun or partial shade.
Scientific Name: Pinus palustris
The longleaf pine is an evergreen conifer that got its common name for having the longest leaves of the eastern pine species. In fact, its needles can grow up to 18 inches long! The tree supports nearly 30 endangered species and is a beautiful tree all around. Longleaf pines naturally prune their lower branches and grow almost perfectly straight. The longleaf pine was once very prevalent in Georgia, but much of its population has declined due to land clearing for development and agriculture.
Scientific Name: Fagus grandifolia
The American beech captures many hearts with its beautiful silver/gray bark and leaves that take on coppery shades in the fall and winter months. The beech is a shade-tolerant and versatile tree and provides great canopy coverage over time. It is best suited for large landscapes where it will have plenty of room to spread its branches.