Plantlanta 2020: Over 500 Trees to Be Planted Across Atlanta
Friday, November 6 – Sunday, November 8, 2020
First conceived in 2016, Plantlanta is a scaled-up version of our weekly community forestry projects held throughout the city. Instead of planting in one or two neighborhoods, as we do on any given Saturday, Plantlanta is our most ambitious planting project to occur simultaneously across the city. Trees Atlanta staff, volunteers, and Atlanta City Council representatives join together with neighbors to plant trees in all 12 city council districts.
This annual event traditionally happens over the course of one Saturday morning, but 2020 is a year like no other. To ensure greater social distancing and safety precautions we’ve made a few modifications.
- This year projects sites and volunteer opportunities will be spread out over the course of three days: Friday, November 6; Saturday, November 7; and Sunday, November 8
- Volunteer group sizes will be smaller. Each shift is limited in size. Registration is MANDATORY prior to event day. See project lists by day below.
- All participants will be required to follow safety guidelines.
During Plantlanta, hundreds of volunteers spend their time with us by planting, mulching, and watering new trees to increase the canopy in Atlanta neighborhoods. Of the many tree planting projects we host each year, Plantlanta is by far the largest. Over the course of the entire event, we’ll plant hundreds of trees across the city.
Sign up to volunteer
Different from years past, we’ll be staggering start times for this year’s Plantlanta projects, with up to 9 volunteers at each time slot. Click the buttons below to learn more about individual shifts and register for your desired project date.
Friday, Nov. 6
- Benteen Park/Chosewood
- Vine City
- East Atlanta
Saturday, Nov. 7
- Atlanta Memorial Park
- Frankie Allen Park/Garden Hills
- Greenbriar/Greenbriar Mill
- Grove Park
- Mozley Park
- Glenrose Heights/Summerdale Apartments
Sunday, Nov. 8
- Atlanta Memorial Park (Day 2)
- Inman Park
- Westview Cemetery
View our interactive Story Map (below) to see the locations for planting, along with tree species information.
Have questions? Contact: NeighborWoods@treesatlanta.org
Published September 9, 2020
Written by Audrey Pruitt