Taking Measures for the Health and Well-Being of Our Community
Image used with permission of R.Land, IG: @rlandzo
Update: March 27, 2020
- All group volunteer projects, programs, and events will be canceled (or rescheduled) through April 15.
- Online and virtual Education Programming, including webinars for kids, have been added to our Calendar of Events
- Our 2020 Native Plant Sale has gone virtual! Orders accepted through April 9. Pickup from the Trees Atlanta office (225 Chester Ave) starting April 16.
Our goal is to improve the well-being of our community. The mission of Trees Atlanta is in service of people’s health and welfare through the conservation of our urban forest. During this period of quickly evolving updates and guidance regarding COVID-19, we are taking steps to help “flatten the curve” by limiting social interactions for the well-being of our community.
Here are some steps that we are practicing moving forward until further notice:
- All group volunteer projects, programs, and events will be canceled (or rescheduled) through March 28. If you’ve registered for a project and have not received an update, please check our website for information.
- Our Calendar of Events will be updated with event statuses. Find your specific event and read the event description for information.
- We will suspend our youth education programs, including school visits and field trips, while local school systems are closed.
- We will continue working. We have taken steps to enable employees to safely continue working, including working from home or shifting to work outdoors with appropriate social distancing. Due to these accommodations, please understand that your voicemail or email to employees may take a bit longer to be answered.
- We discourage visitors to our facilities unless necessary for business continuity. If you have a need to come to our offices, please contact the staff member you are meeting in advance.
Help us maintain proper social distancing. Maintain a distance of 6 feet or greater from each other whether outdoors or indoors. Still uncertain about events or have further questions? Please send an email to email@example.com. We’ll reply to your questions as quickly as possible.
Trees Atlanta is monitoring the status of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and putting into place prevention and preparedness measures with the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local, state, and federal agencies. Trees Atlanta is an organization that is deeply connected to our community, and we’ll keep you informed of any significant changes in our organization’s response.
In the coming days, we hope you keep in mind that the outdoors may offer a welcomed refuge while you self-quarantine. Work in your garden. Take a walk in the woods. Finally get around to removing the English ivy climbing up your tree. Sit outside and sketch. Above all, take care of yourself, wash your hands, and remember: it will be ok.
Published March 17, 2020