How to Select an Arborist
Not all “tree companies” are trained tree care service providers, so be prudent if someone comes knocking on your door after a storm. Taking the time to find a qualified tree professional who can protect your trees, property, and investment.
When selecting a tree care company, check for the following:
- Are they a licensed business?
- Can they show proof of workers insurance and liability insurance?
- Do they employ ISA Certified Arborists?
- Do they understand the local tree protection ordinance and follow industry safety protocols?
- Will they put price estimates and agreements in writing?
A qualified tree care company will readily show you documentation and certification numbers, as well as take the time to address your concerns. Ask for and check references whenever possible.