Front Yard Tree Program
Trees Atlanta created our Yard Tree Program in partnership with the City of Atlanta and have now established similar programs with the cities of Brookhaven, Chamblee, and Sandy Springs. Property owners in these cities are eligible to have us plant trees in your front yard at little or no cost to you. The program’s intent is to lower summer temperatures and reduce energy consumption by investing in tree canopy cover for neighborhoods.
To participate, please:
- Review the program guidelines below
- Click on your city to learn about the trees available (options vary by city): Atlanta, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Sandy Springs
- Fill out the “Submit Request” form
- If you have submitted your request but need to pay your APPLICATION FEE, please click the appropriate link: Brookhaven Chamblee (Not required for Sandy Springs or Atlanta programs)
NOTE: If you submitted a request last season but did not receive your trees, please contact Cate Hughes at email@example.com. In your email, please include your name, address, and phone number, and we’ll be sure to include you in our plantings this season!
After submitting a request, one of our NeighborWoods project coordinators will contact you for a consultation.
- Limit 3 trees per yard (1 tree for Brookhaven and Chamblee residents).
- Must be a City of Atlanta, Brookhaven, Chamblee, or Sandy Springs resident.
- Trees must be planted in your front yard. Limited funding is available for side and back yard trees for residents of the City of Atlanta.
- Front yard trees must be planted within 35 feet of right of way (within 20 feet of right of way for City of Atlanta residents).
- Shade trees cannot be planted to meet city recompense requirements.
- Trees will be planted between October and March.
- You agree to maintain any trees planted in your yard.