Front Yard Tree Program
Trees Atlanta created our Yard Tree Program in partnership with the City of Atlanta and has now established similar programs with the cities of Brookhaven, Chamblee, Decatur and Sandy Springs as well as Unincorporated DeKalb County. Property owners in these municipalities are eligible to have us plant trees in your front yard at little or no cost to you. The program’s intent is to lower summer temperatures and reduce energy consumption by investing in tree canopy cover for neighborhoods.
To participate, please:
- Review the program guidelines below
- Click on your city to learn about the trees available to you (options vary by program): Atlanta, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Decatur, Sandy Springs, Unincorporated DeKalb County
- Fill out the “Submit Request” form
- If you have submitted your request but need to pay your APPLICATION FEE, please click the appropriate link: Brookhaven, Chamblee, Decatur, Unincorporated DeKalb County (Not required for Sandy Springs or Atlanta programs)
NOTE: If you submitted a request last season but never made it to the planting phase, please contact Cate Hughes at email@example.com. In your email, please include your name, address, and phone number, and Cate will reconnect with you to move your request forward.
After submitting a request, one of our NeighborWoods project coordinators will contact you for a consultation.
- Must be a City of Atlanta, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Decatur or Sandy Springs resident.
- The number of trees per home is limited by program: 1 tree in Brookhaven, Chamblee and Decatur; and up to 3 trees in Atlanta or Sandy Springs.
- Trees must be planted in your front yard. Limited funding is available for side and back yard trees for residents of the City of Atlanta.
- Front yard trees must be planted within 35 feet of right of way (within 20 feet of right of way for City of Atlanta residents). Ask your Trees Atlanta contact for clarification.
- Shade trees cannot be planted to meet city recompense requirements.
- Trees will be planted between October and March.
- You agree to maintain any trees planted in your yard.