Front Yard Tree Program
Trees Atlanta created our Yard Tree Program in partnership with the City of Atlanta and have now established similar programs with the cities of Brookhaven, Chamblee and Sandy Springs. Property owners in these cities are eligible to have us plant trees in your front yard at little or no cost to you. The program’s intent is to lower summer temperatures and reduce energy consumption by investing in tree canopy cover for neighborhoods in those two cities.
To participate, please:
- Review the program guidelines below
- Click this link to learn about the trees available (options vary by city): Yard Tree Selection (our programs in Brookhaven and Chamblee are limited to varieties of oak)
- Fill out the “Submit Request” form
PLEASE NOTE: Trees for the programs in BROOKHAVEN and SANDY SPRINGS are FULLY allocated for the 2019-2020 planting season. Please check back with us in June 2020 for program availability in the 2020-2021 planting season, and thank you for your interest.
One of our NeighborWoods project coordinators will contact you for a consultation.
- Limit 3 trees per yard (1 tree for Brookhaven and Chamblee residents)
- Must be a City of Atlanta, Brookhaven, Chamblee, or Sandy Springs resident
- Trees must be planted in your front yard
- Shade trees cannot be planted to meet city recompense requirements
- Trees will be planted between October and March
- You agree to maintain any trees planted in your yard
Thanks to a private grant, this program extends to side and back yard trees in the following City of Atlanta neighborhoods only: