Safety Protocols During COVID
Trees Atlanta prioritizes the health and safety of our community, volunteers, and staff.
When participating in a Trees Atlanta event, please observe these safety protocols.
Update 7/28/21: The Mayor of the City of Atlanta has mandated masks are required for “all persons in a public place, including private businesses and establishments, to wear a mask or a cloth face covering over their nose and mouth when indoors.” Until further notice, all indoor events require attendees and staff to wear a face covering/mask.
Volunteers must observe the following precautions:
- Masks are not required for vaccinated volunteers at outdoor projects.
- Trees Atlanta recommends use of a mask for unvaccinated volunteers at outdoor projects when they are working in close proximity to other people.
- Exercise social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet (please strive for 12 feet or more). Any individual maintaining at least 6 feet distance from others are not required to wear a mask.
- Masks are required for all guests (e.g., volunteers) inside Trees Atlanta buildings and in Trees Atlanta vehicles.
- Groups will be limited to 30 or fewer volunteers per leader, which means you must register prior to this event to ensure a spot. Please cancel your registration if you can no longer attend.
- Trees Atlanta recommends that volunteers bring their own work gloves. We will provide backup gloves for those who forget to bring a pair.
- Additional personal hygiene recommendations:
- Cover coughs and sneezes with elbows
- Refrain from touching one’s face
- Wear hair up or wear a hat to reduce face touching
- If you experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to an individual with COVID-19, please stay home until you have completed your recommended quarantine
- If you feel ill during the volunteer project, please go home
- By volunteering at this project, you are participating on your own accord and accept possible risks associated with interacting with other people
- If at any time, any safety rules are not or cannot be followed, we will make adjustments to create a safer work environment, including ending the project early
Please check the volunteer opportunity description to see what ages are recommended for participation. Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Volunteers who are ages 16 and 17 can attend without a parent/legal guardian if they bring a waiver signed by a parent/legal guardian with them.
Tree planting can be physically challenging, and youth under 16 need much assistance from adults to dig the holes (you could hit roots, rocks, compacted soil, or all of these!). Young kids can participate by massaging the tree’s root ball to loosen it, filling the holes back in, and mulching and watering the trees. Kids are really great at naming trees, too!
Most Forest Restoration and Tree Care projects are best for ages 12 and up.
All volunteers must agree to this liability waiver when registering for this project or when signing in at this project. Please read the agreement carefully and select ‘yes’ on this field when registering.
If you have any other concerns, please contact the project coordinator listed for each volunteer event or email email@example.com.
For further information on what we are doing in response to COVID-19, please read: Taking Measures for the Health and Well-Being of Our Community
Education Programs, Tours, and other Group In-Person Events
Tours & Outdoor Activities
- Trees Atlanta requires the use of a mask for unvaccinated people during tours. Masks are not required for vaccinated volunteers and tour participants.
- Although people who are fully vaccinated do not need to wear masks, volunteers and tour attendees should be supportive of people who choose to wear a mask.
- Social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet is encouraged.
- Tours will be limited to 15 people, which means you must register prior to this event to ensure a spot. If plans change, please cancel your registration; due to limited capacity, updating your registration is important so that others can participate.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to an individual with COVID-19, please stay home until you have completed your recommended quarantine (usually 14 days).
- By attending this event, you are participating on your own accord and accept possible risks associated with interacting with other people.
- All visitors to entering Trees Atlanta buildings or vehicles are required to wear a mask.
- Trees Atlanta employees who are fully vaccinated can choose whether to wear masks when on the job, inside and outside of company buildings, and in company vehicles.
- To review our company policy, read more.
Inclement Weather and Cancellation Policy for Programs and Events
Outdoor events are fun in all sorts of weather! Trees Atlanta conducts scheduled events during most periods of inclement weather; however, when extraordinary circumstances warrant, we will modify logistics, reschedule, or cancel events. If an event must be modified, rescheduled, or cancelled, Trees Atlanta will make every effort to notify registered guests by email, social media updates, and/or other means, in a timely manner.
If severe weather or other unforeseen business interruptions cause a change to our programs or events, the company reserves the right to close the facility, choose alternative locations, reschedule or cancel scheduled events on-site or off-site. Please review the refund policy for any paid programming.
Please check the email you received when you registered for your event. It will include the name of the program coordinator to contact should you have questions.